Roasted Butternut Squash Seed Oil
Stony Brook's butternut squash seeds are roasted, pressed and bottled right here in Geneva, New York. But it has been a big hit in further-reaching places. This delicious oil has been written up in both the New York Times and in Bon Appetit magazine!
- Ingredient: 100% pure butternut squash seed oil, not a blend.
- Flavor profile: warm, buttery, nutty taste reminiscent of cashew or peanut
- Uses: sautéing, grilling, or roasting vegetables and meats, or as a flavoring oil on prepared dishes.
- Smoke point of 425 F.
- Idea: try drizzled over ravioli with wilted greens and grated parmesan.
- Shelf life: one year. Store in refrigerator to extend shelf life.